Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 1997 16:08:22 -0400
I don't know if you all remember but close to the beginning of July Bandit
came down with green ickies.  Well I have to say it is now close to the end
of August.  Almost 2 months and I am seeing the biggest improvement.  I know
I know we, actually he, had posted before saying that we thought we were in
the clear.  Then I had to let everyone down...He lied not me, he was just
ferreting around.  (My sense of humor is pretty poor, sorry) Any how... I
really believe that we are doing much better now and we can celebrate.  He
is eating completely on his own.  I'm questioning if he is a pig or a
ferret??  We have formed poop and it's brown, still that grainy/bubbly look.
He has been like this now for a good week or more.  He still has a ways to
go but hey I am much happier to have it like this then before.

I did put Tess back in the cage with him the first time I thought he was
doing better and....well....I think she was definitely the carrier!!  She
has had not a sign of problems but when I think back to when we got her she
did have ickies now and then.  I just thought it was from adjusting.

Our hit and miss:
In the cage.... (3 story Midwest cage) Bandit never misses the litter box,
Tess on the other hand will every now and then, once a day (even with toys,
food, or blanket in the corner/front of box) will go somewhere else to do
her business in the cage.  Never near the water bottle though, seeing I said
that I'll find some there next :).  I find messes under there ladder, corner
(near litter box), corner of litter box and cage.  Bandit of course will
look at me and then point it out to me because he doesn't care for that at
all!!  It's his stretching area.  Outside the cage.... Oh boy complete role
reversal here!!!!  Tess will go in the box and Bandit goes outside the
litter box perimeter.  GO FIGURE!!!  Then Tess plays, it's my turn to get
you in trouble.  She'll play around the litter box to get my attention.
Then I'll go over and she'll look at the poop and then point to Bandits
direction.  This is funny because then I look at Bandit and he runs!!  :}.
Actually getting off the subject I always know when Bandit is up to no good,
Tess normally helps to give him away.  :).

My miscellaneous thing is a question.  Someone asked about electric heaters.
I have a question about my gas unit heater.  I have this one unit that heats
the whole apartment (I have a big apartment so the bill goes up).  Well Tess
goes inside it to play and under the whole unit.  Now in the winter this
thing get real hot, hot enough to melt the soles of boots and I know that
for a fact!!  :}.  Well what would stop them from playing near it???  We got
Bandit when it was really cold and only had play time in the bedroom seeing
he was also very new.  When I finally trusted him to roam free the unit was
off including the pilot light as it is now.  (Don't worry I shut off the gas
to the heater as well.) I'm getting concerned about this seeing the summer
is almost gone for us (Massachusetts) and I know how slow my fianci is at
building things.  Feel free to email me directly regarding this and I will
post all that was suggested so the FML doesn't get taken up.

I would like to thank the FML'er who posted about the cheweasel.  Tess
absolutely loves it that I can't picture a ferret without it.  I can't
believe what she's done to it.  It was once a star and now it's a circle.
She brings it where ever she goes in her cage.  I do try to grab it when she
comes out so it doesn't get hidden in a place that I'll regret later.
Bandit doesn't seem to have any interest.  Then again he is really picky, or
it could be Tess wont let him near it.  Actually maybe he does play with it
and I don't know.  Well any ways thank you very much.  She's laid off the
shoes a little bit.  Actually and toes, now watch that'll change.  They do
ever so much like to prove a person wrong.

Emily
 Bandit and Tess