From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 1997 22:07:58 -0500
I do not know details on where the vaccines were obtained or other details
on the ferrets ill and/or lost to the homeopathic "vaccine", and would not
feel right asking for details -- after all, those are not my business.  All
I know is that a very reliable vet told me that some people ( No, I don't
know who, so those who wrote don't have to write again.) who tried their
best but got very poor advice from someone else wound up heart broken with
senseless deaths, and I only know that bit because the vet, Steve, and I
were discussing the large numbers of ferrets mentioned on the list with
canine distemper this year and that "vaccine" was mentioned.  (Unvaccinated,
wrong vaccinations, etc. are the common problems mentioned here.) Steve and
I have both shed tears for the family involved; it's impossible not to do
so.  If your description of how such "vaccines" are made, Melissa, is
accurate, and if my interpretation is accurate then that would mean that the
homeopathic "nosode" you described could even possibly have the potential to
TRANSMIT live virus.  If so, that's a d---ed irresponsible thing for anyone
claiming to be healer to do.

We were sent a HUGE number of suggestions on what to do for severely dry
skin for Meltdown when she was ill.  Because of some human allergies baby
oil, Skin So Soft, lanolin, and a few other things could not be tried, but
of the ideas sent we did find one which gave her the most comfort (and only
needed to be repeated twice at long intervals).  We rubbed her down
liberally with cooking oil.  (We used Canola because they shouldn't ingest
polyunsaturates, but monosaturates are supposed to be fine.) Then we dried
her as best as possible with a towel.  At first she hated it, and she was a
really greasy mess, but it DID give her comfort, and that's what counted.
Petroleum jelly worked best for her feet.  Hopes this helps a furry out
there.

Sukie