Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 1997 21:37:43 -0400
I need help with a behavioral problem one of my friends is having with his
male ferret.  I am a student in the veterinary technology field, but do not
know much about ferrets or how to handle their mishaps.

His ferret has a tendency to deficate on the carpet in his house.  When this
occurs, my friend takes the ferret and pushes his nose into the fecal and
makes him eat it.  I know this is probably very unhealthy for his ferret let
alone mean.  Although I know this, I am at a loss for how he can handle this
problem more effectively.  He does scrub his carpet clean after each
incident and the ferret does not repeat the incident for a while.  The
litterbox is clean so he isn't doing it for that reason.  My friend, also,
gives him a lot of attention so I am not sure it is for that reason either.
Please send any responses to me at [log in to unmask] since I do not belong
to this mail list.  Thank you for any help you can offer me!

            Shannon