From:
"M.S. Hastie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Aug 1997 09:58:40 -0400
>From:    Sally Childs-Helton
>Subject: Cage Safety Warning!7
>Obviously these cages were not designed for ferret safety.  They look nice
>and large, but have very little useable space.  If you have one of these
>cages or a cage like it, PLEASE carpet the shelves.

On the cage topic.... I have one of these cages the above person posted
about.  My babies have lived and survived in it for the better part of three
years.  (don't go on a rampage, yes they are caged ferrets but they get LOTS
of outside time).  Anyway as I was saying, inside their cage they have all
the necessities like a water bottle, food and a litter box, plus two
tunnels, balls, tshirts and one of those carpet cat house things that smells
like ferrets ( it should they sleep in it, climb on it, sleep on it).  The
cage also has a ferret hammock, some other ferret hidey thing hanging and a
hanging tunnel.... plus atleast two more hammocks.  My Podo climbs the cage
like she was born to climb and Kodo does to when she is not in her pudge
stage (which is not now).

Yes I will agree that sometimes, bad things happen with these cage.  but bad
things happen to many things at times.  I think if a wonder is aware of the
dangers, then they are better able to adapt to making it safe.  My shelving
is not carpeted, and my babies have fallen (sometimes even pushed off by the
other ferret) but they have survived to do it again and again.  I watch them
to make sure they are ok at all times when I am home.  And when I am not, I
am confident that they will be ok.

I just don't think you can say that all of these cages are a danger to
ferrets.

TIA
Margaret Hastie
-Kodo: but momma its my turn to push Podo off..
-Podo: MOM!!! Kodo ate my craisins
--
i am  allowing you... the Sassenach... the Outlander.. a glimpse...
the chance to travel on my web, to see what I see...