From:
tjohnso1 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 1997 18:38:47 -0400
Well, since Santino had to leave me, I have of course been investigating
adopting or buying another fuzzy.

I stopped at my favorite petstore the other day, where after I educated the
owner about sugar gliders, got into a conversation about ferrets.  I was
disturbed to hear a story he related about a ferret that ate out a baby's
throat, thus killing it.  He said that ferrets go crazy over dairy products,
and the baby had been put to bed with a bottle, the bottle dribbled milk on
the baby, the ferret got into the crib with the baby and killed the baby
because of the milk on it.

Is this true?  I know that some domestic animals inherit traits making them
agressive, but I am having difficulty believing this story.  The petstore
owner compared this ferret to pitbulls and dobermans.

BTW, I live in the Southern Tier of NY, and if anyone has a ferret for
adoption, please let me know!

TJ