From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jun 1997 22:58:52 +0000
Hi Everyone,

Nope, I didn't fall off the face of the earth.  Just the server at school.
It has been a real hassle trying to get email out, until about Friday.  Have
an inside connection and apparently the whole school was having problems.  I
know some of you may find this hard to believe, but it was taking around 30
mins to send 1 message!

The kids are all doing fine.  The messy poops have cut down considerably.  I
think a lot of it was me being gone, and them being lonely.

I thought I would once again try Pookster with the main group, but gave up
when Sampson, who was trying in vain to put her in her place, stunk up the
whole house.  He must not have released his scents glands lately cause, man
o' man, was it ever strong!!  But I put her up, he calmed down and all was
back to normal in a few.

If anyone has any questions about ferrets not descented, let me tell you, it
is no biggy.  Sampson was whole when I got him and stunk to no end, but that
was because he was so hormonal.  Teenagers.  But after the fixer upper, he
doesn't smell any different on a day to day basis than all the others.  Only
when he poofs.  And that only lasts 20 minutes or so, and then fades
completely.

If I ever have the choice again, I will do the same thing, fix but no
descenting.  I haven't had any seconds thoughts about it at all.

Miss Pookie has decided her bed is behind the washer dryer.  Sigh.  I put a
small broke air cleaner in there so she can get out on her own.  Now she
goes in and out several times a day.  Nah, she ain't spoiled.  Not at all.
I mean, just cause she hisses at me when she doesn't want to be petted, then
demands and gets a raisin for it.  Oh well, I have resigned myself to my
subserviant nature.

Maggie Mae and the Malodorous Mob