Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 3 Aug 1997 12:51:39 -0400
From:
"Lynn A. Foster" <[log in to unmask]>
Hi everyone,

My family has an 8 yr old male ferret who has gained alot of weight,and has
difficulty getting his back end around.  What is a good food to help him
lose weight?  Are there any other tips to weight loss?

Also does anyone know the normal blood sugar range of ferrets and a good way
to take it?  We have a diabetic in the family and all the equipment for
human blood sugar.  Can this be used?  the vet is so expensive that if
something as simple as this could be done at home it would be great.

I believe life expectancy of ferrets is only about 9yrs, is this accurate?

What is a healthy breakdown of fat and protein etc.  for a ferret diet?  i.e
cat food -vs- ferret food

Thanks for all your help.
Lynn