From:
Shelley Crummy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Oct 1997 23:02:14 PDT
Hi! I'm new to the list... this is my first message.  We have four ferrets:
Sox, Cleo, Wendy, and our newest is a little boy named Edgar Allen Poe.
Looking over today's entries, I see someone inquiring about the ferret's
diet, and if dog food is harmful.  Well, our ferrets love Kibbles and
Bits... the fur farm where we got our critters TOLD us to feed them dog
food!  Now I'm wondering... IS there something wrong with feeding them dog
food?  They all seem healthy, and we've had our oldest (sox) for several
years.  Also, I saw a note about biting.  Sox was not happy when we added
Cleo, then Wendy to our happy little family.  But I read an article that
said they won't really do any harm -- to just let the ferrets "duke it out."
Listening to the screams was horrible, but after a few days, the three
became the best of friends... without any major injuries.  Edgar Allan Poe
is still in his own cage.  He is still pretty little, so we are waiting
before we allow him to socialize with the others.  But one of these
days....!!!  -- Shell