From:
Patricia Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 1997 18:16:10 -0700
Someone wrote:

>Female ferrets with an Adrenal Gland Tumor will have a swollen vulva.

This is not always the case either.  I have a gal here who had a right
adrenal tumor but her vulva never swole or looked abnormal in any way.  I've
also heard of others.  Don't assume age has anything to do with it either,
as we removed a left adrenal tumor from a one-year-old.  Ultrasounds (and a
vet who can do the test on ferrets properly) are the best way, in my
opinion, to catch them early.  The earlier they are detected, the greater
chance they can be successfully removed, and the less liklihood of cancer.

Trish
Director, Ferrets First Rescue & Shelter