From:
Ian McFerret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 1997 08:08:14 PDT
This is going to be a bit odd of a post, but I wanted to pass this on to
anyone who would be in the Southeastern WI area.

I don't know how many of you are aware of this, but Milwaukee's country
radio station FM106 is now running their annual CAP Fund Care-a-van for
Kids.  The CAP Fund is the Child Abuse Prevention Fund.  I donate to the
Fund every year.  This is my 3rd year.  I know that this seems like it has
nothing to do with ferrets, but it does.  I donate every year in the names
of my ferrets.  Last year, I donated in the name of my George who I had lost
earlier in the summer.  My reason for this is simple.  I love my ferrets and
I would do anything for them.  It saddens me that my ferrets are treated
better than a lot of children out there.  That my ferrets will have food,
shelter, and love when so many children don't have the same thing; that even
when my ferrets are "bad" and I am yelling, they aren't scared that I will
hurt them or stop loving them when so many children can be expected to be
hit for doing anything that is "bad" - makes me mad and very sad.  Anyway a
point.  This year, I am a bit short on cash so I could only donate $10 ($5
for each of my little ones.) I wanted to challenge everyone in the Milwaukee
to do the same (or at least just donate something even if it is only $.50 a
ferret) and then go home and give their little ones a hug (because those
ferrets are lucky to be loved so much).

I know that there are a lot of wonderful ferret organizations that need
donations and help, but I think (and hope) that they would approve that we,
ferret owners, turn some of our attention to the other creatures in the
world who need help.  Espeically, the children who are the future.  If
anyone would like to meet my challenge you can contact the Care-A-Van three
ways:

In Milwaukee:  427-1KID
Outside of Milwaukee:  1-888-456-9199
On the Internet:  http://www.fm106.com

The Care-A-Van continues until Sunday.
Thanks,
Katie, Ian and Cloud Dancing McFerret
(usually [log in to unmask])
Ian McFerret - Leader of the Ferret Pack
-This is a robbery.  Give us all your Fruit Loops.

"And for a moment all the world was right
How was I to know that you'd ever say good-bye"

-Garth Brooks, "The Dance"