Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 1997 23:32:51 -0700
From:
Billy Ramos <[log in to unmask]>
Hi there-

I wrote a little while back asking if anyone know of a couple fuzzheads
needing a home (my spoiled 7month sable male, Fred, has been begging for a
playmate and so do I :P) and wanted to thank all those who wrote me.  Also,
just wanted to let everyone know that I found a woman in need to find a good
home for her fuzzies because of medical reasons.  I'll become their new
proud ferretmom this saturday (yipee!), Faya (female sable) and Zero
(champagne male).  I really appreciate everyone's help, especially Cher
Clarke's :o).

Also I have a question that I was hoping someone could answer.  I am a
certified vet tech at an animal clinic and was discussing the issue of ferts
being illegal in California with the doctor, and she was convinced that the
reason was because if they (the ferrets) got loose/let in the wild, the
black-footed ferret, an endangered species, would be in competition of them.
I personally think that this is ridiculous for a couple of reasons.  First
off, I thought that black-footed ferrets were located in Canada.  Secondly,
it's crazy to think that the domesticated ferret could live in the wild, on
it's own.  I would think they they couldn't survive on their own.  Anyhoo,
who's right?  And if my boss is wrong about why ferts are illegal in Cali,
then what are the real reasons?  Thanks and dooks to all.

Jennifer M. Coyer CVT