Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 1997 17:01:52 CDT
From:
Hello all,
I just wanted to clear up a couple of points.  I posted looking for a home
for my ferrets because I am pregnant.  I did not do this because I am afraid
of my animals and how they would hurt me or my child.  I did this because of
two things.  My husband and I do not have much money.  I graduate from
college one month before our child is due.  I also had 7 animals.  I am
presently down to 5 and am working on that.  I agree that these animals are
like children.  My husband has gotten mad at me numerous times because the
animals get more attention than he does.  However, they are not my children.
When it comes down to making sure that I have enough money for diapers, I
cannot be also worried about remembering my coupons for the ferret food.  I
cannot let it depend on having a good day at work, (I am a waitress) I must
know that my finances are secure.  I would rather find loving homes for my
animals that will be able to be sure that there is food, and time for play,
and toys.  I think that by finding them a better home than I can provide is
loving them to the highest extent.  Would I move into an apartment that
doesn't allow kids?  No.  That is illegal.  Do places frown on it maybe.
But they must let me rent there.  Do you think that it is as easy to find a
place that will allow 7 pets, a baby, and two young parents?  I have to move
the week before the baby is born and I don't have the time to wait for the
perfect place.  I am moving across the country (to Oregon) and will take
what I can get.  I hope that this isn't to preachy.  I just want people to
understand that I am aware it is safe to have pets and babies, and that I am
sorry if you think that I am an ignorant pig for looking for new homes for
my pets.  But that is what I am doing.

Regina Barrett