Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 1997 12:54:55 -0700
From:
Amy Umpleby <[log in to unmask]>
job in CA.  However he had forgotten me mention that CA is the one place I
won't move to due to ferrets being illegal..."

It is a risk moving here because ferrets are illegal, and the bill to
legalize them has hung in the Senate.  Right now we don't know if it will
die there or be voted on in Appropriations...your support is needed!  WRITE
TO THE GOVERNOR OF CA and tell him you may not move here because of the
ferret ban!  He needs to know this ban is negatively affecting the state's
economy.

Governor Pete Wilson
Governor's Office
State Capitol
Sacramento, CA 95814

If you still decide to come, you could never fly into the state; I've heard
driving via Reno is one of the easiest ways to smuggle ferrets in, but there
are no guarantees.  Also, I know from experience that Fish and Game in the
San Francisco Bay Area doesn't seem to be that interested in enforcing the
ban (an attorney walked into the San mateo DFG office with his ferret,
prepared to be arrested, and they sent him home without so much as a
warning)!  Still we don't take our ferts outside in public - you just never
know what kind of person you'll run into.  Other areas, San Diego in
particular, are militant about ferrets and many nasty neighbors have narked
on SD residents, causing their kids to be confiscated.  Consider how this
absurd ban is affecting you, a Colorado resident, and please let CA
officials know.  Good luck!

Amy Umpleby

   !
()~~(@)