Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 17 Aug 1997 20:10:16 -0500
From:
"Thomas W. Kemper, Jr." <[log in to unmask]>
In today's USA Weekend magazine, their Q&A Pets column contained a question
from Michelle Leo from Biddelford Maine.  She wanted to know why her ferrets
preferred to use the corner of their cage instead of the litter box.  The
column author, who is not a vet, answered straightforwardly, but I believe
incompletely.  She encouraged Michelle to, in essence, "live with it".  I
thought the answer incomplete, and probably not what a frustrated ferret
owner really needed.  I don't know how to contact Michelle, however some of
you Mainers out there might know her, or can find her, since her hometown
was listed.  If so, maybe you can help her train the fuzzbutts properly, and
enjoy them more.  I know when we had the same problem with Scooter, he
readily adapted to gentle discipline, rewards when he did it right, caging
when he didn't, in a small cage with a litter box in the only available
corner.  Today, he still makes the occasional ferret mistake, but almost
never misses, and even searches out the litter box (one of 5 in the house)
when he needs to go.  Just thought someone would like the reference to the
ferrets, and maybe help out a fellow ferret human.

Cheers,
Tuck Kemper
Proudly owned by Major Burns, Scooter, and grateful to have two foster
children, Baby, and Anja.  :-)