Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 1997 16:50:33 -0400
From:
"William A. Killian" <[log in to unmask]>
>From:    MROCHAC <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: DIABETIC FERRET
>I never fed Rita regular Duck Soup because of the high amount of sugar.
>Instead, the Dr. gave Rita cans of A/D special feline diet mush (I wish I
>could remember the exact name, SORRY), that usually are used to make them
>gain weight.

Hill's Science Diet A/D.  Its normally available by prescription only.  We
get it and use it for our kits as part of their switch toward solid foods.

>From:    Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Hi, I'm new!  and response to bump on tip of tail
>>My Shadow has a bump on the tip of her tail that has always been there.
>>Vets never made anything of it, and it doesn't seem to bother her either.
>>But the tip of her tail has a bump on it - like a bubble or something.
>>Strange.  Any ideas?

Oops.  missed this before...  Not quoting the "right person" though...

This might be a relatively common genetic "flaw".  Many ferrets particularly
mitts and Wardensburg patterns have either a fused tail or a kinked tail.
In some it is right at the very tip and feels like a little round ball.
Some of ours over the years (none where breed as we try to cull this kind of
thing) have had these.

What ARC says is true but depending upon how long "always" is it could
easily be this skeletal flaw.  If it is there is nothing you can or should
want to do about it.

>From:    Esther Hung <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferret Food?
>Kaytee Ferret Food
>8 in 1 Pro
>Marshall's Ferret Food
>Totally Ferret
>NuPro

Well we use Totally Ferret and have always (since it came out) recommended
it as the best source single diet.

Marshall's isn't a bad food but we don't use it.

Kaytee is probably better than we used to think but again don't use it.

8in1 is designed to requirethe use of 8in1's other product - Ferretone.
(we'd advise sticking with a more complete diet unless you like adding
another product because you HAVE to...)

NuPro?  No idea...

>From:    Elton & Nancy Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: location

Oh... pretty good though Star Tannery is far from a "large" town.  It has a
post office but well... The "lobby" is smaller than my bedroom...

Mountain Falls actually shows up on a surprising number of maps.  It is
literally just a cross roads with three houses (and 1 and 1/2 horses - 1
horse and 1 pony that is) We live in the "suburbs" of Mountain Falls... If
you have a GPS with the right "maps" you can even find the "right of way"
(not a public road) that we live down.  Ask Bob Martin...

I'll check on Richard's Run.  Cedar Creek is the closest "largish" stream.
We have seen wild mink in the area already.  Cool critters...

We have already come across at least one ferret owner in one of the nearby
parks (a sort of gated subdivision thingie)

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
mailto:[log in to unmask]  mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.zenferret.com/