Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 1997 15:23:16 -0400
From:
Steve Ferguson <[log in to unmask]>
Hi all,

I have a couple of questions for everyone.

First, I recently noticed that my ferrets' paw pads are drying out.  I'm not
sure what's causing it, though I do want to at least treat it until I can
determine the cause.  According to reading I've done, applying petroleum
jelly to the pads is one way to handle it.  I've been using it for about a
week now and though they look a little bit better, the dry areas are still
notable.  Neither runt is having any kind of mobility problems and neither
is biting at his feet, so they don't appear to be in any discomfort.  Any
recommendations?

Second, since I'm going to be traveling cross-country with my farts soon,
and I'm not sure how they'll handle long stretches of travel, I'm curious as
to whether or not there's any kind of 'safe' sedative to give to them.  They
travel back and forth to the vet without much fuss, but I recall taking my
dog on trips as a kid and he used to get car sick.  I hated to see him so
uncomfortable, and giving him a vet-approved canine sedative helped him
through long stretches of traveling with much less discomfort.

As always, thanks much for any advice you can offer.

Steve

--
Steve Ferguson                   | Despite the name, food stamps are _not_
Email: [log in to unmask]          | edible.