From:
"Cher R. Clarke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 1997 16:45:55 -0500
I'm a lawyer.  I defend humans on death row.  I would love to defend ferrets
similarly situated, but I can only practice in Illinois & Wisconsin.

For free legal assistance in ferret matters, I suggest that a ferret owner
contact the President of the Student Bar Association or the Dean of Students
at a law school in your state.  Explain your problem, INCLUDING DEADLINES,
and ask whether the person knows a student or student group who would assist
you as a pet (sorry for the pun) project.  Law students are suckers for pet
projects.

I've never tried this.  Maybe it's a stupid idea.  But when I was in law
school, my dad's neighbors asked me to look into an environmental threat to
their tiny SW Virginia village, and I was thrilled to have the project.  I
found the info they needed, allayed their fears, learned environmental law,
got an A+ for a full credit, and won honorable mention in a national writing
competition.  At no cost to them.

Law students are very busy people, but a project like Kodo or like changing
Kill-Test legislation is the kind of thing that can be worked into one's
schedule.  Most schools allow independent study projects like this.  The
student learns, has an effect on the law, may see his/her name in lights,
and may get a good grade out of it.  I really believe it's worth a try.

Cher C.

       Cher R. Clarke         |     Law Office of Cher R. Clarke

       [log in to unmask]     |     http://www.clarkenet.org/crc

               What if they gave a fire and nobody came?
                Support your volunteer fire department.