From:
Shelly Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Aug 1997 08:50:48 -0400
Hi all !

I wanted to respond to a few things:

Litter: we use rabbit food pellets for litter. (No, they won't eat it !)

 1. it is cheap ($8 for 50 pounds)
 2. it does not get tracked all over the house.
 3. it is biodegradable.
 4. it isn't harmful to their lungs (or ours !) like some of the scoopable
    kinds.

It may take a little getting used to..  they may play in it !!  (heck, they
play in everything ) But, it is worth getting them switched over !

Ferretone training:
I have also trained my 3 ferrets to come to the sound of the ferretone
bottle !  We put ferretone into a dropper bottle (we got them for .50 each
at the vets) and we "click" the top onto the bottle and it makes a clicking
noise... they will come running when they hear that sound !!  (except for
the adoptee..  she pretty much just sticks her head out of wherever she is
and expects ME to deliver the goods to her !)

two questions:

1.  Our oldest ferret, Kris (she'll be 4 in Aug) had blackheads on her tail
and lost most of her hair there.  We weren't too concerned until the
hairloss proceeded up to her rear end.  we made a trip to the vet, who said
we should "wait and see".  Kris has been acting normal in every other way...
I'm suspecting Adrenal problems... but, I'm hoping it is a long way off.
Any one have similiar symptoms ?

2.  Our youngest, Riki has a very annoying and agressive habit of late.  She
will practically hold me down (or a body part down, like a leg or arm) and
lick me for awhile and then BITE me... almost like she thinks she's gonna
get something from me... like when they were babies and they were feeding
off Mommy !  It used to be that she would only do this to me..  now she does
it to my hubby also, of course, now it isn't funny !  Has anyone else ever
heard of this ?  Is she missing something in her diet, or what ?  Maybe she
thinks we are big ferrets and need to be groomed like her sisters !!  Help
me figure this out !!

Ok, I guess that is it !
Shelly