From:
Kim Burkard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 11:26:18 EDT
Ferreted Proverbs/Quotes:
Was:  An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Ferreted: An once of ferretone(tm) is worth a pound of kibble.

Was:  The early bird catches the worm.
Ferreted:  The early ferret nips your toes.

Was:  Stupid is as stupid does. (ala Forrest Gump)
Ferreted:  Ferret is as ferret does.

Was:  God made the bee and the devil made the wasp.  (old german proverb)
Ferreted: God made the ferret and the devil made the CA F&G.  (this one's
for Bob C.)

Was:  "I never let my schooling interfere with my education."  (Mark Twain)
Ferreted:  I never let my training interfere with my exploration.

Was:  Red sky in the morning, sailors take warning. Red at night, sailor's
delight.
Ferreted:  No raisins in the morning, ferrets take warning. Three at night,
ferret's delight.

Ferrets as mink look-a-likes:
They *sure* do look similar at a glance.  A few winter's ago we had a mink
get trapped in our window well.  She was a beauty!  She had a beautiful
chocolate brown-black coat and a white chin.  She was a mink in prime
condition and health.

Before we dropped some cardboard boxes in so she could climb out, we looked
at her (through the window glass) really carefully to be sure she wasn't
somebody's escapee.  She looked enough like a ferret that we even looked
through wildlife guides to be sure she was a mink.

I can see why somebody might use ferrets as mink substitutes in a movie.
They look similar enough and have a much better disposition then mink.  ;)

-kim, squirt, pippi, atlas, and 'jinx

Kimberly Burkard     |             _    Everything I needed to know in life,
Eastman Kodak Company|      _____C .._. I learned from my ferret:
Rochester, New York  | ____/     \___/  Frolic and dance for joy often, have
[log in to unmask]    |<____/\_---\_\    no fear or worries, and enjoy life.