From:
Jonas and Rebecca Stoltz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 1997 18:18:36 -0600
Hi Everyone-
My husband & I were given 2 more ferrets (we now have 5)

well, we figured Stumpy was just getting used to his new home.  Stumpy was
drinking water but not eating.  Then by Wed.  of last week he stopped
drinking and his stool was a tar like color.  By Thur.  nite he looked
really bad.  We took him to our vet and were told that Stumpy is dehydrated.
He gave Stumpy a couple of shots of water( I think, my husband took him) and
some medicine.  My thoughts were he had the "green slime" the vet said no
that wasn't it, but his stool was a very dark green.  We have to force feed
him water and the medication twice a day.  He doesn't seem to have anymore
loose stool, but now his urine is the color of split pea soup.  Is this the
"grren slime"?  We have Stumpy in a different cage than the others and in
another room.  What I would really like to know does anyone have any
suggestions on how we can tell if he's getting better.  The people we got
him from said he has never been very active.  We don't think the people we
got Stumpy from would have given us the 2 ferrets if they thought he was
sick.  The other ferret that was in the cage with him is eating and drinking
like usual.

If any of you have any ideas on what else we could try to help Stumpy,
please, oh please help.  We are very worried about him.

Thanks,
Rebecca