From:
Karen Daigneault <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 1997 06:27:27 -0700
>From:    "Courtney J. Scholl" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Pet-Sitting
>Does anyone have experience with these pet-sitters that come to your house
>while you're gone?

Courtney, although I live in Virginia, I can put my 0.02 in about
petsitters, -

I own a petsitting business.  Where before I was doing this full time, due
to lack of finances I was forced to revert it to partime :(  I can give you
some hints on what to look for in a petsitter, - maybe this will help?  For
one, I am bonded.  I find that this is important.  If someone pays the money
for a bond and insurance, they are serious (at least moreso then someone
not).  I ALWAYS have an initial interview with my clients and bring a
contract that both myself and the client go over.  The contract (for me) is
used more to be able to write down EXACTLY what the owners wish me to do, -
(I try and follow the owners routines due to the stress of the animals
owners being gone).  I also write down the names of each animal, color, etc.
so that I may talk to them by name.  I meet all of them, and if it warrants
I make another trip out before the owner's leave, so the animals do not look
at me as a total stranger.  You may want to watch how the the sitter
responds to your pets, and if they seem like someone who will follow
instructions explicitly.  Make sure that you have for them (if they don't
have a contract) your vet's number, an emergency number that you can be
reached at, an emergency number if you can't be reached, and a backup in
case THEY can't get there one day....

If you have any questions or such, just e-mail me...I'll help all I can!

Karen, Amanda, Morrow: (give ME ferretvite FIRST), Paco (new adoptee):
Hey, what's that? Give me, give, me!, Sweetpea: mom, can you let the
playtoys out of the cage?, Snipper: Mommy, DON'T leave my site again,
Clarice& Bandit:  KIDS!  and the 8 lil pigs