From:
Karri Knutson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Sep 1997 10:50:16 -0400
hello again...

Last night I went to let the ferrets out, I just opened Loki Xowa's cage and
left to take my shower.  When I came back I looked around in all his usual
places, but I couldn't find him.  So I checked in his cage to see if he even
noticed if the door was open.  I found him lying on the bottom of his cage
not moving.  I picked him up quickly and he was alive, but just barely.  His
body had nothing to him at all, rib cage moved and callapsed where ever he
moved.  It was almost like he was a balloon that deflated.  He was even cool
to the touch.  I don't know what happened or anything.  The night before I
let him out and he just went to a corner and went to sleep, so I got him up
to see if he was ok (every little thing has been freaking me out since
Xalamen) I put him down and ran to the other side of the room to see if he
would follow, and he did, he ran after me, but when he stopped he fell over,
that really freaked me out, but I figured i was just over reacting.  I
thought I had a vet app.  the next day, but I didnt, it was next fri.  But
other than him falling over once he seemed fine.

Last night we tried to warm him up and give him water, but he died about 15
min after I found him.  I had him on the dog to try to raise his body temp.
and i noticed he wouldn't blink.  I picked him up to try to see if he was
breathing or if his heart was going, but he's so little I couldnt tell.  I
opened his mouth and his tongue was blue.

I just don't understand whats going on w/ these guys.  I had Xalamen just
over a month and he died, and now I had Lokie Xowa just over a month and he
died.  Both from the same place.  I don't know if somethings wrong w/ the
breeder, or if I'm doing something wrong, or if I just have really bad luck.
My other 2 are perfectly healthy.  I just don't know...

karri :(