From:
Steve and Diane Bodofsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 1997 14:27:15 -0400
We're looking for a breeder, somewhere between New Mexico and New Jersey,
who sold an un-neutered ferret to someone in a U-Haul truck who was on his
way to New Jersey.

Before you assume we're nuts, let me explain: This person was arrested by
New Jersey police, and his 6 ferrets were confiscated.  The ferrets are all
safe at different rescues.

However, a few of these ferrets aren't neutered.  Without some idea of their
history, there's no way we want these animals to reproduce.  Unless we can
determine these ferrets' pedigree, we're going to have them neutered.

Supposedly one of these animals (we have no idea which) was purchased on the
trip from New Mexico.  If we can determine the genetic background of the
critter in question, we can reconsider whether to allow the animal to breed.

If any breeders think they may have sold the ferret to this person, please
contact us as soon as possible. We need to know which ferret it is (color,
gender, etc.) and its background.

Thanks,

Steve Bodofsky
Last Chance Ferret Rescue: [log in to unmask]