From:
Anna Adam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 1997 08:44:28 -0500
Yes, I've finally updated the list.  It took me four months, but I did it.
For those of you that had comments in your submissions, I'm terribly sorry I
didn't respond.  I've made a pact to myself to update the list on my end
*daily* and then probably monthly on the web page.

For those of you that have previously submitted names, please check to see
I have *all* of your ferrets.  I know for a fact I don't have all of Bob's
21 beastlings.  I think I only have 13!  Don't play favorites with your
babies!  :)

Anyway, here's the info from the web page found at:
http://www.texramp.net/~ahn/ferretlist.html

The Ferret Name List

What is this list?

Well, it started out as my own little project to see what people had named
their ferrets.  I wanted to know how you guys came up with some of these
cute names.  I asked for e-mail from the alt.pets.ferrets, and from the
Ferret Mailing List and boy did I get mail!

Here are the Ferret Name List FACTS!!
Last updated: August 14, 1997 10:00AM CST

Ferrets: 4,661  Owners: 1,443
Males: 2,339     Females: 2,234     Unknown: 88

Most Popular Names:
Bandit          55
Bear            30
Rascal          27
Taz             21
Buddy           20

Owners with the most ferrets submitted:
William Killian 83
Pam Grant       77
Tracy Tunnison  69

Nifty, now how do I add my ferrets, or correct a mistake on the list?

Don't let your ferrets feel left out! Go to the Ferret Name List Addition
Page at http://www.texramp.net/~ahn/addferret.html or e-mail me at
If you decide to just e-mail me, please be sure to tell me your name as
well as your ferrets, and don't assume I can guess the sex of your ferret
by the name.

Thanks for your participation in my little project. If you want to see what
else I do because I have no life, visit my web page at
http://www.texramp.net/~ahn or just drop me a line!

Anna M. Adam

[Moderator's note: To receive the name list via e-mail, send mail to:
and in the body of your mail:
  SEND FERRET NAMES                                                  BIG]