From:
Manfred Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 1997 14:49:18 -0400
Hello everyone,

Went camping on Friday morning with my wife, three Yorkies and both fuzzies.
The fuzzies spent most of each day running around the campsite on their
leads and it was amazing how many of our fellow campers had to stop and ask
to pet them.  Luckily our two are the most easy going guys you could ask to
meet.  Both were perfect ambassadors for the ferret world.  They were kept
in a small cage at nights for their own safety and our piece of mind.

Last night, (Sunday) it took my wife and I well over an hour to walk the
little guys a little more then 200 yards.  Not only did we have to stop 8
times to show off the little guys but they also had to have some run
(burrow) time in the high grass around several of the campsites.

Don't know if we will take them camping everytime but it is nice to know
that they can handle the rigors of the outdoors for several days and still
have enough fun to wardance their way through three days.