From:
Karen Daigneault <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 1997 11:47:03 -0500
Well, Tabitha is now hiding.  Morrow is skinny as a rail (eating her duck
soap tho) and Tabitha is hiding.  Good, gosh, they ALL go in and out of the
cabinets!  They have learned how to get behind the dishwasher, climb up from
the cabinet into the silverware drawer, make a hidey hole under the "sink"
(through the cabinets) and Tabitha...ONLY Tabitha decides she is going to
make the cabinet her new hotel..... She went in yesterday morning.  All day
I could hear her playing back there (of course minus her "rest times").
Scratch, scratch, moving objects around.  Around 2:00 I started to get
worried.  Kept calling her to come out.  She wouldn't.  Even tried bribing
her with ferretone.  Nope.  Ok, so last evening we pulled the dishwasher
out.  (By then I was near losing it!) To my surprise, Tabitha has since
departed and is hiding somewhere else.  But, I did get to see what is so
fasinating about behind the dishwasher!  I found a full packet of Reece's
peanutbutter candies neatly in one corner.  (Bag open, but all accounted
for).  I found a toy, that to this day I will NEVER be able to figure out
how they got it in there, laying beside the candies.  I found several
"notes" that have disappeared, several pieces of dog food, a spoon and a new
litter *box*.  And all this time they had me fooled into believing they were
"litter trained".  ;) At this point I have no idea where Tabitha is hiding
now.  But, I did notice fresh poop beside the couch this morning when I
left. :o

Morrow is eating her duck soup.  THIS makes me feel so good, except I keep
expecting her little tummy to at least stick out a little after eating!
She's eating a good bit, I believe, and after done she goes through her
routine of wiping her mouth on the rug.  (It's cute to watch!) I honestly
believe that Morrow, (who I have now come to the conclusion is extremely
intelligent) decided that "she had better eat" because she knew if she
didn't, that her mommy would scruff her and put the little baby spoon of
duck soup in her regardless.  Two times scruffing and she decided to eat on
her own!  Right now, my biggest moment of happiness will be, to see Morrow
back to her wardancing self!

Karen
Morrow - "Mommy, STOP, NO! <grit teeth> I will NOT open my mouth, GULP,
YUKKKKK, hey?  that doesn't taste bad...can I have just a little?"
Tabitha - "This is FUN, - I fooled Mommy, I fooled Mommy!....hey, I'm
getting a little hungry.....Mommy?  MOM!?
Bubba - "I am and will continue to be, the ultimate CARPET SHARK!"
Hopps - "I luv it when Mommy cuddles me, lick, lick, I *luv* you too
Mommy!"
Samantha - "Mom?  What are you doing?  Can I come up?  Mom, ok, let ME
type now!"
Daisy - "Let's see, Mommy's got the diswasha open again....Gonna go play
in it, gonna go play!"