From:
Robert Jacobs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 1997 10:48:13 -0400
We just got the official notice from Senator Dingell that Kodo's Protection
Law is Senate Bill 616 and is starting it's way through the legislative
system.  It is currently in the hands of the Department of Agriculture and
Forestry.

It's time once again for action.  Michigan residents need to contact their
State Representatives and Senators and ask them to support this bill.  Do
this on a daily basis if at all possible.  Contact the Governors office and
ask this bill be put on the fast track.  He can do it if he has a mind too.

Let's not loose our perspective.  Just because this "new law" get's approved
will not stop the slaughter.  Once this is passed we each need to print off
and deliver a copy to each and every Animal Control office along with the
ferret law and a copy of the CDC Compendium.  These people need to be
informed that this is LAW, not the policy of MDCH (Mary Grace Stobierski).

My understanding is that any government employee who does not follow the LAW
is in violation of thier position.  This violation should cause them to lose
thier jobs and be liable for any civil action.  I may be wrong on these
points and am checking into it.  Mary Grace is and has been for two years,
in violation of the Michigan Law as it is today.

This new law is to instiute a ten day quarantine for any ferret incident in
the state of Michigan and I think that's in-home just as cats and dogs.  It
moves the ferret into the class of companion animal.  I haven't seen the
actual bill yet but I've requested a copy of it.

Robert Jacobs