From:
"Rudich, Robert A" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 08:09:00 EDT
With all the talk of a national or international ferret lobbying group, the
real opportunity is being overlooked.  The 50th anniversary of the Roswell
incident approaches and since aliens are such sticklers for tradition, they
may return for the festivities.  You want to wake Earth governments up to
the value of ferrets?  Get the aliens interested in them as a uniquely
terrestrial resources available to the Galaxy.  I can see Centauri and Narns
taking to them, despite their mutual animosity.  If such opposing veiwpoints
can agree, other races will line up.  Klingons will love their fighting
spirit, but Vulcans will be perplexed by how illogical they are.  I doubt
the Borg could assimilate them, but if they did, they'd be less of a threat
to the rest of the universe.

Imagine a ship landing in DC and the envoys coming out to say, "Cygnus 5
wants ferrets!" How long you think DC will stay an FFZ?  As far as rabies
testing, it would never happen again.  At worst the offender will be set up
for export.  Naturally, since these advanced races will treasure ferrets,
the human race will embrace them in a way that will make dogs and cats
jealous.

But all this depends on playing the cards right.  We have to make sure that
the Rosewell festival is loaded with ferrets, and if anybody has the good
fortune to be abducted, ask them if you can take your ferret along.  Once we
get the galaxy on our side, the Earth jurisdictions will fall along like a
house of cards.  Lets work smart, not hard and aim high.

   ( )--(a)
   (@=@=) \     Till next time.......Rudy the ferlosopher
      \   \
      /\ * )  \           All business is evil.