From:
Sam Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 1997 16:45:29 +0000
I'm setting up a new website (what else do you do when you've got a couple
of days off, except ferret-related stuff, right?) devoted to ferrets - of
course.

One thing I've got on there, is important things that ferrets teach us...
Such as:

  Joy of Life

The ferret's love of life is contagious.  Their play, interests and energy
is solely concentrated on this principle.

  Undiluted Love

The ferret loves life, and adore their owners (presuming they're not
mistreated, that is!) A ferret will cuddle up and kiss you when you feel
bad.  Run, jump and tease you when you feel drained.  A ferret will bring
you up when you feel low, and lift you higher when you feel good.  They love
you for merely being yourself, your colour, smell, choice of dress, and job
make no difference to a ferret.  If you live under a park bench, have no
clothes, money, or teeth - as long as you have love to spare, they'll love
you all the more for it.

  Having Fun and Playing

Ferrets were born to have fun.  Their main purpose in life is to make sure
they have fun, and share it with as many people, animals and raisin packets
as possible.  If it breathes, it's someone to play with, and teach the joy
of play to.

  Cuddles

Ferret Cuddles are an important part of any ferrets' (or their owners')
life.  A cuddle a day keeps the ferret at play.  A ferret will come running
for a cuddle - they adore attention.  Nothing is more important.  Except
maybe a treat or two.

  Good Things (Treats) are an Important Part of Life

Yes indeed.  If play is an essential, and cuddles are a must, then TREATS
are a ferret law.  If they do something right, it's normally in hopes that a
treat will be sent winging on it's way.  Whether it be raisins, Ferretone or
meat, a treat is a treat.  And treats are a must.

I'd like any other suggestions, and their 'meanings', if possible.

Also, I'm working on another page for new and prospective ferret owners, and
need suggestions for ferret proofing....

Thanks in advance guys!

Sam