From:
Thomas and Tracy Lunt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 1997 19:55:48 -0400
Hello All!  We haven't posted for a while.  I had a question for anyone who
can help.  Jasmin, our 5 month old champagne female, normally has a very
pink nose.  Well today I came home from work and her nose was rather brown
in color.  I was alarmed and examined her closely but other than her nose,
she was fine.  She was energetic and happy.  Her cage mate, Kodiak our 4
month old male, also had a brownish nose but not as drastic.  Our Air
conditioner is on the fritz until next Monday and it was rather warm in
their room (about 80-82F).  They had plenty of water and they were not
panting or any other sign of heat exhaustion.  When I let them out I put a
small window A/C unit in their room and it cooled down nicely but they
didn't seem like they cared which room they were in.  I made them stay in
the cool room to see if the noses return to their normal color.  I tried to
wash the nose to see if they were nosing in the litter box but it didn't
come off.  Again, they are both very energetic and their noses are cool and
moist to touch, but I'm concerned.  If anyone has ever experienced this
please respond.  I will consult a Vet if it persists.  Any suggestions would
be appreciated.  Thanks!!!  Tom & Tracy (& Jasmin & Kodiak & Nikita the
spoiled princess of a cat)

P.S.  Our condolences go out to the Jacobs Family for the loss of Kodo.  He
will not be forgotten.  I only hope something positive will come from this
tragedy.