From:
sheriece mize <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 May 1997 21:15:12 -0700
I'm new to this list and currently ferretless.  Reading stories about other
folks' ferrets helps somewhat with getting through a ferretless time.

Last year my vet contacted me and told me that the local highschool coach
was looking for a source of ferret poop.  They had a problem with gophers on
the football field and had tried ferret poop tea successfully in the past.
Like all ferret people I felt that I had an overbundance of the soughtafter
substance - not so - I was intrigued and made a recipe and sprinkled it on
the perimeter of my front yard in Yachats, OR.  Yachats has a BUNCH of
gophers.

I applied this right before the rainy season started.  Apparently whatever
is in ferret poop that runs off gophers is not water soluble.  Every time
the rains let up - all of my neighbors had the usual plague of gopher hills -
right up to my ferret blessed perimeter.  From December until October when
I moved from Yachats I had not one gopher hill in my front yard.

With this example to my neighbors, I made tea for my neighbors.  I made tea
for my coworkers, I made tea for so many people that I RAN OUT OF FERRET
POOP.  True!  Every single person who heard of this wanted tea.

There are so many good people out there rescuing ferrets and providing out
of their own pockets who must have lots of poop and could make lots of tea.
I hope this info will help some of you.

Sheriece