From:
Jennifer Makower <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 1997 18:02:10 -0400
Thank you all for writing me and sending me your good wishes!  I wrote back
to a few of you with the thought that they might get through, perhaps a
little too soon.  Last night Sculley, the Albino, took a turn for the worse.
Looking at him this morning, I knew that if I just left for work, he would
be gone by the time I came home.  So, I ran him up to another vet that
someone recommended to me in Wellesley, but right now I don't have my hopes
up to high.  To be honest, I was expecting him to stop breathing before we
made it up there!  He seems to have absolutely no strength left, he couldn't
even climb up his cage; He was 3 lbs when he was healthy, a few days ago he
was 2 lbs, he weighed in this morning at 1-1/4 lbs.  I just don't know when
I should let him go.  I keep bringing him back to the vets to be hydrated,
only to take him home and see him go even more downhill.  I think this trip
to the vet is his last chance to recover...I don't think there's much point
in dragging this out when this disease seems to take a stronger hold on him
with every effort we make to revive him...

To make matters worse, Loki (the one that managed to survive this) will be
all alone!  I don't know what to do for him if his best friend dies.

I'm loosing hope!!!

-Jennifer Makower