From:
"Yael R. Dragwyla" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 26 Mar 1994 23:01:55 -0500
On March 9, Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]> posted the following message to
FML:

>From: Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
>Date:   Wed, 9 Mar 1994 05:01:00 -0500
>Subject: lots of things!  :>

>... I have a problem, and I was hoping someone can help me!  I seem
>to have become allergic to my fuzzy!  All of a sudden I am getting a
>reaction to him like the reaction I get towards cats!!  I have had
>him for a year and this is odd...  Can this be a temporary thing?
>(pleaseplease)  It is the sneezing, swollen eyes and sniffeling type
>of reaction- at first I thought it was just the remnants of my
>cold....

As someone who has had allergies of all kinds since early childhood, some of
them quite serious, all of them worse than nuisances when they're happening,
I've had to find ways to eliminate them, or at least keep them within
tolerable bounds -- "Needs must when the devil drives"!  One thing I've found
to be true, _invariably_, is that when my allergies start up, I don't have
nearly enough vitamin C in my diet, and that taking vitamin C supplements
does wonders for me.  Sometimes I have to take as much as 10-15 _grams_ per
day for several days before the problem stops;  but if I do, a host of other,
sometimes minor, occasionally major problems begin to clear up or clear up
completely.  The best form of vitamin C is a powdered form, "esterized C,"
but the sort of supplement that combines C with bioflavinids and acerola and
is often a time-release sort is also excellent.