Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 1997 04:02:05 -0400
From:
alphachi <[log in to unmask]>
MF choices,
Here are some choices:
1) An open letter by organizations and individuals stating that A) Closed
doors won't work.  B) We will be happy to assist in any way in resolving
these issues.  C) We will not be happy granting any more "grace period" of
SILENCE.  We will NOT sit back while a 100,000/yr ferrets hang in the
balance.

What can we do to help insure MF complies OR in the event MF fails to comply?
1) Well, we could visit the local retailers, posting signs of these concerns
   wherever noticeable and talking to customers (let's be lawful here).
2) Hand out information concerning these issues to ALL consumers.
3) We could ask the local retailers how they feel.  A lot.
4) We can not only boycott their ferret products, we can urge others to do
   so.  I am not aware of any unique MF products for ferrets not available
   else where.

What do you think?  Is this too rough?  Not rough enough??  I urge all who
agree and disagree to post their ideas.  We don't need adjectives, we need
answers.

MF DESERVES TO BE HEARD, we only require accountability, responsibility, and
verifiability.  I for one, would be VERY happy to hear from them.

THE ISSUES:
MF needs to be held accountable, period.  All of the issues brought up are
not charges, simply rational questions that MF, so far, has not answered (as
others ADMIT) and any supposed close ferret liaisons have failed to extract.
So much for diplomatic skills.  Some win, some lose.  No offense, I believe
some have tried in earnest.  MF remains mute.

I am not suggesting any presumption of guilt, just a question of practices,
period.  Marshall has apparently enjoyed a free lunch for some time.  There
is NO reason MF should be awarded any more sanctuary than NIKE, Denny's, or
any business is due, period.  Oddly, the only one associating MF with satan
is its staunchest defender.  I do not agree.  But MF is no sacred cow,
either.

It is time MF accepts the civic responsibility the price of doing business
in this country requires.  MF is the single largest source of the domestic
ferret in the US.  My motivation is simple, the truth to protect the
ferrets.  If we want to benefit ferrets, let's start at the top.  That is
why we are here, no?  For the ferrets.  Their health, their safety, and
their welfare.  Not for a breeder's ego.  By now we are ALL very familiar
with these issues, the early fixing, the possible adrenal link, the
extermination of Jills, their breeding conditions, and so on, so what WE
need to see are sound ideas on how to get MF to accept accountability and
remove the cloud they themselves have placed over their doors.  Apparently,
too little too late is not enough.

FOR KODO AND ALL THE FERRETS WITH NO NAMES,
until next time,
best wishes,
alphachi

PS. A very special note to Bill K: Have a nice day :-)

[Moderator's note: Just in case there is any misunderstanding of the above
special note, alphachi assures me that is offered in friendship and not
sarcastically.  BIG]