Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 1997 10:42:14 -0600
From:
Katie Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Two weeks ago, I moved into a new apartment.  It was sort of an odd move
where I moved one weekend and the next I got furniture.  So things have been
very chaotic for the last few weeks.

Due to this, one of my two ferrets has become a nightmare.  Cloud just
turned 1 in May.  When I got him he was very young so my old apartment is
basically the only home that he ever had.  He is also only partially sighted
and tends to startle very easily.

Anyway for the last few weeks Cloud has been biting everyone and anyone who
enters my apartment.  I am the only exception.  The big problem is that he
is biting hard and has actually draw blood on occasion.

I don't believe that he is biting maliciously, but biting more as a reaction
to the confusion that he feels over the move and all of the activity it has
caused.  We are working with bitter apple to try to get him to stop biting,
but I don't think that will address the real problem: transitioning to a new
home.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what I can do to help speed up the
transition to the new place?

This is very depression to write before this move Cloud was really improving.
He had always been more of a lick, lick, chomp kind of guy, but he had
stopped doing it for the most part and only would under certain circumstance
(one being when he was trying to steal the sock that was on a foot and when
he wanted my full attention).

Thanks,
Katie, Ian and The Cloud-man
--
Katie [log in to unmask]
Technology Information Coordinator/Lecturer

Carroll College
100 N. East Ave.
Waukesha, WI  53186
Phone:  (414) 524-7682