From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Jun 1997 00:14:01 -0400
I would like to nominate several persons for this presitgious award in the
following categories:

1. Minor Functionary Injecting Herself into a Situation with NO Reason
Other Than Self-Justification: Officer Karen BURNS, Bay County Michigan
Animal Control.

2. Hot Shot Lawyer Guy Trying to Make a Reputation Without Knowing What
He's Talking About: Prosecutor Marty Fitzhugh, Bay County Michigan
Prosecutors Office.

3. Jurist Managing to Sneak a Quick Nap While Lawyer Representing One of
the Peasantry Presents His Case: MULTIPLE WINNERS!  Chief Justice Conrad L.
Mallett, Jr, Justice Patricia J. Boyle, Justice James Brickley, Justice
Michael J. Cavanagh, and Justice Dorothy C. Riley, all of the Michigan
Supreme Court.  (Note: During a trial in NY in the 1930's, May West was
asked by the trial judge if she was showing contempt for the court.  Her
answer, "Your honor, I'm doin' the best I can!").

4. Public Health Guy Without A Clue.  Mark Miller, Acting Chief, Agency for
Public Health, Michigan Department of Community Health.

On a more serious note, I feel that a boycot of the State of Michigan would
most likely hurt the people who supported Kodo much more than it would the
Mush-heads who participated in this farce.  The folks listed above bear the
greatest responsibility for this outrage, not the people of the State of
Michigan.

I have written to Governor Engler, asking that he support a quarantine
period for ferrets.  I've also written to Senator Dingell, thanking him for
his efforts in trying to avert this tragedy.  I also plan to write to
Justices Kelly and Weaver of the Michigan State Supreme Court thanking them
for LISTENING to what was presented to them, and to Judge Griffin of the
State Appelate Court to thank him for LISTENING also.

In addition I plan to write to the Michigan Justice Institute regarding the
conduct of Prosecutor Fitzhugh.

Lastly, I think the effort to get President Clinton involved was misguided.
There is nothing that the President could legally do to alieviate this
miscarriage of justice.  A lot of people aren't to fond of Bill, but blaming
him for not doing anything is a 'bum rap'.

Keep the faith!

Dave