From:
Adrienne Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 1997 21:47:15 -0400
Bob Church - I think we do need a national organization, but keeping
polotics out of it will be impossible.

I want to take action in NY, a kill & test state.  I wouldn't even know
where to begin.  I guess the first place to start is to gather the facts:
Shedding Studies, Rabies Incidents, and legislation from other states that
have quarantines, number of ferrets killed in NY, etc.  If other New Yorkers
are out there, lets organize.  I live near Albany, which should give me some
geological benifit when contacting lawmakers.  The only way it is going to
happen, is if we put the same emotion into it as we would if our ferrets
lives depended on it... Let's not wait until one of our babies head is on
the block to get something done.  I want to do something NOW.  I need help,
I can't do this on my own!  If anyone out there from outside NY has helped
get this legislation passed in recent history, please e-mail me with ideas
and strategies!  I seem to remember Maryland Ferret lovers doing something
in the past.  Anyone from within NY who has worked to change the law, please
contact me, I want to know what I can do to help!

Adrienne Williams