Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 1997 16:15:59 -0700
Hello FMLers!  It's been quite a while since our last post and lots of
things have changed.  The Troublesome Trio was reduced to the Troublesome
Two since my ex-SO got custody of Halo and I got custody of Tavi and Booger.
But that only lasted about two days.  Ferret Math has struck.

I moved backhome, so my address is different now and I am *way* behind in
reading my FML posts.  Please forgive me if I am repeating something someone
else has posted.

I would like to introduce the latest member of the Troublesome Trio--Jasper.
He is a male panda/blaze (sort of).  He has the black patches around the
eyes(which are burgandy), white only on the tips of his front toes and a
white stripe down his head and no mask.  His face reminds me of a snow owl
kinda sorta.  He is driving Tavi and Booger crazy!  Boog never use to drag
new kits around but Jasper is the exception.  Jasper has been losing his kit
teeth and I finally caught one before he could swallow it.  The ferret
toothfairy will bring him a treat in the morning.

San Antonio has legalized ferrets!!!Yea!!  This came as a shock to me when I
was looking in the phone book for the number to the pet store where I got
Tav and Boog.  While doing this I came across a store near my home that had
"ferrets" in their ad.  And that is where I found Jasper, for $90, which is
a lot less than the cost of my other ferrets $140.

I do have a concern about the legalization though, I don't know if the local
ferret organization is doing anything to help educate potential ferret
owners about the care a ferret requires.  I called but have not received a
response yet.

I went to several stores that are now selling ferrets and found that few of
them had info readily available for the customers to use in deciding whether
or not a ferret would be right for them.  Oh, I was there when one woman
came in and told her child "Look at the baby rats, Honey!" Grrrr...

Does anyone out there know how to go about putting ferret "gear" together?
I have some ideas for making a ferrets owners life easier but I don't know
how to go about getting it out to market.

There is a ferret reference in Dean Koontz "Strange Highways", chaper 17.
It reads as follows: "...Joey was forced to crawl, writhe, and squirm
through it(rubble)as though he were a rat-seeking ferret exploring the
depths of an ancient timberfall." It's a pretty good book, but maybe I just
like it because of the reference.

The ferret bug has sunk its teeth into my dad.  He wants one of his own now.
He keeps trying to talk me into getting one 'just for him'.  He has been
thinking of ways to modify their cage so it will house five instead of
three.(I'm going to rescue a two year old sable at the end of this week)

Y'all have a great week.
Laura and The (recently recast)Troublesome Trio