Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 1997 23:09:35 -0400
I thought of a strategy that might possibly save Kodo.  Could the man who
was "bitten" be persuaded to take the rabies shots to save Kodo's life?
This isn't too much to ask of someone, since the modern rabies series no
longer includes the dreaded abdominal injections.  If he is a good-hearted
person, he may be willing to undergo four injections in order to save Kodo's
life and spare Kodo's family the pain of losing their beloved companion.
Could he even be persuaded to pledge to get the rabies series only when Kodo
is released?  If he would get the rabies series, then the Public Health
argument that Kodo must be killed to save a human life would be useless.

Clare Sebok

(If anyone has already suggested this, I'm sorry for repeating it.  I've
been out of town for a few days and am way behind with the FML.)