From:
Robert Jacobs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 May 1997 18:48:38 -0400
Hello friends,

We haven't heard a thing about Kodo.  Our vet, Dr. Ginger, called the Animal
Control Center and requested that she be allowed to examine Kodo at our
request.  We wanted the assurance that first he was alive, second he has
ample food and water, third he reamains healthy etc.  etc.  etc.  We figure
also there isn't a more qualified vet as to status before and since this.
So far she's been put on hold as we have, "I'm sorry, the only person who
can grant your request won't be available until Monday".  Of course, these
high paid idiots have to have an extended weekend from all the "pressure"
they're under.  So as it stands we sit and wait and hope.

I apologize for not being able to personally post on a daily basis.  As much
as I'd like to it's been impossible.  We have a little rescued jill here who
came to us pregnant.  She lost three of her babies at birth and had three
little ones survive.  We lost one of the babies this week and discovered
mommy is suffering from Mastitus so now we're hand feeding the remaining two
which is more time gone.  We've been working on the bumper stickers and the
t-shirts and calling everyone we can think of soliciting help.

Obviously our first priority is all the excellent information that's come in
to help Kodo and passing the pertinent items to the attorney and GLFA etc.
Our phone has been ringing off the hook with queries from local concerned
citizens and the occassional donations, people knocking on the door and all
that.

We got a report from a reliable source here that an otter in a local Zoo had
bitten someone Dr. Ginger and other people have been trying to get that
report (not an easy task).  Dr. Ginger has had verbal confirmation that it's
a fact and that the otter wasn't properly immunized but to get anyone to put
that in writing is nigh onto impossible.  Since the otter is in the same
family as our little ones are it could be very important to Kodo's life if
we can obtain the information in time so we've been concentrating on that
also.

I've recieved phone calls from local people asking us to come get thier
ferrets also.  They would rather give them up willingly than have them
ripped out of their homes to be killed for something like this.  So far I've
managed to discourage all of them from taking this drastic step and hope to
continue to do so.

Margie (Sgt. Dookdook) has driven here from Southern Illinois simply to
help us out (bless her heart) so she's been handling the "communications
center" for us much of the time.  I know everyone would like a "personal"
update but with a current count of about 1500 E-mails from around the world
it's impossible.  Margie is doing a super job of helping both with
communications, covering for our fuzzy-kids & our human kids as well and
it's a relief to know she's here so when we get those last minute calls that
we have to be somewhere we can do it without worry.

There is no way I can emphasize how grateful we are for all the donations
that have come in from around the world.  Without them Kodo would currently
be over the rainbow bridge and everyone else in this state would still have
to cower in fear of the same situation that we're in.  To date we've
recieved a total of about $5,000 in donations for the Legal Action Fund.  A
lot more will be needed before this is over I'm sure but we'll raise it
somehow.  I've got all personal property up for sale and will simply start
from scratch once again.

Thanks must go to Big who continues to allow us the use of the FML to assist
us in raising monies to help Kodo.  None of what has happened so far would
have\could have happened without the FML and all you people.  Now that I've
buttered him up this way he might let the following slip through:

Bumper Stickers are in and we will be mailing them out starting Monday to
those who have already ordered them.  They are 3" x 12" with blue letters
across the top saying "I'm a Kodo Kommando" and in the center under the
letters is a black & white picture of Kodo sitting in his "cell" at animal
control.  They are $5.00 each which of course includes shipping to you.

T-shirts will be made up this week and contain a larger full color version
of the same picture as the bumper stickers.  The T-shirts say "Everyone's
Ferret" above the picture and "Kodo the Kute" under it.  Kodo belongs to the
world now, we are simply his caretakers.  T-shirts are $20.00 each and are
available in L or XL size only (other sizes considered depending on number
of requests)

We are also having 3" buttons made with just Kodo's face on them.  Cost of
the button is $3.50 including shipping.

Donations in cash\check\money-order form should be sent to:

                 GLFA/LAF
                 Gloria Davis
                 27654 Southpointe
                 Grosse Ile, Mi.  48138

Orders for any of the above items and\or Credit Card donations will be
handled here:

                 For Kodo c/o Robert Jacobs
                 2772 Samuel
                 Saginaw, Mi.  48601
                 (517) 777-4807

I'm sorry, but because of my "personal" credit history American Express
won't allow me to accept their credit cards.  You figure that one out, I
certainly can't and don't have the time to argue with them but we can accept
all other credit cards.  Please call with your credit card info as E-mail is
not secure and snail mail isn't either.  I'd hate for someone to get ahold
of your numbers.

Thanks again to all who have helped us this far.  Special thanks to many who
have donated repeatedly and even more thanks for all the prayers and
emotional support.  We have a long battle ahead and we'll fight it through
as long as we can.  All monies above and beyond the cost of the items for
sale are going directly to the GLFA Legal Action Fund to help Kodo and
others.

 Kodo
 Robert Jacobs (Carrowor in FCS)
 Kathy Zimmer  (Kitty in FCS)