From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 May 1997 07:42:30 -0700
The real definition of "OH-NO!"

Go to take a shower yesterday leaving my three happily dooking in the
kitchen.  Emerge from bathroom to 3 fuzzies who made it onto the kitchen
table (I forgot to push in one chair all the way) an inch of dirt on kitchen
table and floor, and three grinning, happy animals COVERED in soil from head
to toe.

"OH-NO!"

A MOMENT OF SILENCE FOR THE KITCHEN PLANT - MAY IT REST IN PEACE.

Someone wrote:
>Her daddy said he heard about other ferret owners filling milk jugs with
>water and freezing them, then wrapping them in a towel, and putting that in
>the cage with her.  Is there anything else I should do to make sure she
>doesn't get heat stroke if the a/c goes out?

Can "those more knowledgable than I" go over the heat rules again?  I've had
my three since last August, a first time owner, and we've never spent a
summer together.  We're in Northern CA-CA land, and while it doesn't get too
bad, we will see some 100 degree days, and we have no AC at our house.  My
ferts are kept in my bedroom which is the coolest room in the house, but I
know that hubby and I were uncomfortable a couple of days last year, and my
babies are more sensitive than we are.  What does one do when the temp on a
given day will be in the 80's or 90's IN THE HOUSE?  (Unless this bill
passes, I can't take em' to my office with me...)

Poor Kodo...I wish you all the best, and will pray HARD.  I honestly could
not tell you what I do if faced with that situation.  I believe I would
(hate to say it) actually do physical harm to the officer and risk arrest
(punch and run if you know what I mean) before I'd give up my babies.

Didn't I read on the FML about a fert owner in a CA "PETSMART" who decked a
F&G, as he pulled out his badge, and took off with ferret out of the store?

Good luck tomorrow Jeanne!

CA DJ, Boo-Boo, Lil' Dude, and Big Bear.