From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Apr 1997 16:20:22 -0400
Howdy gang

it's been a while as we had to drop off the fml to catch our breath.  Not
too good in the health dept.  Just thought I would drop by and see how your
day was going so far on this bright but windy Sunday.

I'm in trouble as usual with our Dad....I added another cut up liter bottle
of soda (the big section still in tack) to the ferrets tunnel system.  He
said there's more to life then ferrets.... OH NO!  What a horrible concept!

Do you have this problem?  I'm lazy today so am just wearing a floor length
caftan with my heavy back brace.  Not going anywhere so why not be
comfortable, right?  The ferrets are playing hide and seek under it while I
stand at my pooter and talk to you guys.  Oh brother!  Dad's being a big
help too!  He's sitting over by my bed and just laughing.  Good help is hard
to find these days.

hgbbbb      v1389lllllllllll.........in plain language.....Rascal just
climbed up on the top of his cage, which enabled him to reach my back so he
climbed up to my shoulder and jumped in the sink (yep!  Pooter still on my
kitchen sink counters) and then promptly said..... HOWDY GANG!  Please
excuse his spelling problems.  I have enough trouble keeping them all out of
trouble without having to teach them to spell too.

lgskhjfsk...........excuse Brandy too.  She was just trying to get away from
POGO.  He's too fat to fit through the hole between the screen and the
tower.  poor Blubber Butt.

Oop's May-Wee just hit the button for messages on the answering
maching....it just beeped like there wasn't any...she dooked and flipped
over and fell off my bed.  Ferrets are like living SLINKIES!  She's such a
great help cause sometimes I forget to check for the blinking light.  Poor
Dad is trying to read his fishing fact magazine and the babies won't leave
him alone so he went outside.  Why don't men have any patience?  Have you
other ladies noticed that?  I've had 7 so far and will never live any of my
days without one.  That's why I have Valium!  hee hee I try to loan them out
on occasion to some of my friends that hare having bad days for a bit of
cheering up......as we all know....They will get you back to normal in about
30 seconds!  Whew!

I took them all to the Lady Dr. a few days ago.  They are all up to date
again on all shots but poor may-Wee is in trouble.  She has the dreaded
adrenalin problem bad.  Our vet charges between $400 and $600 and says
there's just a 50% chance of survival.  So since she seems to be in good
health and very very frisky...we have opted for the other choice and not
have the surgery.  We had them on the floor running around the examing room
and May-Wee had to go potty.  She went right next to the garbage can.  The
dr.  lady was pleased and started to clean it up and spray the disinfectant
stuff down when I stopped her.  I figured if she had to go then the other 4
did also, right?  So I asked if she could just cover it with a paper towel.
Then came rascal right in the same spot.  Followed by Brandy and a fresh
paper towel.  Last but not least old Blubber butt himself (Pogo) came in the
same spot.  The Dr. lady finally cleaned it all up and was pleased I had
them so well trained.  I told her we use the wood stove pellets and they
never go any place but there.  Our babies have manners and don't make extra
messes when visiting!  The dr.  lady gave them a piece of candy each for
being so good....called Pet tabs......but they know it's just candy.  It's
time for their noon time snack so they all came to their cage...they only
get noon snacks there....Thank goodness I trained them to come to either
their names (which doesn't always work) or to their favorite squeek
toy).....I closed them in (time for my rest anyway...whew) and gave them all
half of a small raw potato cut in bite sized pieces.  One of their
favorites!  They get Apple cinnamon cherrios in the morning.  In case some
of you are getting concerned....they eat their normal food most of the
time...Mazuri ferret chow!

Your joke for today is...........
Why is it, whenever a whole family gets into a car, the Dad always does the
driving?
They need something to do with their hands when Mom takes away the remote
control!
Our favorite Mr. BIG said....NOPE! The ferrets took them!

Well, time for a rest off my feet to ease this pain....until later.....

Cheers, chuckles, dooks and a howl from the crew......
Rascal (chief in charge and mama's main lover boy), Brandy (still way too
busy to pay attention), May-wee (such a frail wee little baby girl but
fiesty!), Pogo (mama calls me Bubba cause I'm a real CHUNK!), Lobo (the
Guard Wolf) and their mama and daddy too!