Date:
Sun, 27 Apr 1997 14:19:34 -0700
Bob Church wrote:
>In truth, ferrets have severely injured babies, and have been involved in
>two deaths.

Gotta agree.  The sooner we admit the problems that go hand in hand with
ferrets the better off we'll be in the long run.  Anti-ferret groups are
painfully aware of the "downside" of ferrets -- the infant maulings, the
feral populations in NZ & Europe, the musky smell, the nippy nature of kits,
etc.  If you anticipate these shortcomings being used against you, your
ability to counter-argue improves.  Sticking your head in the sand is about
the worst thing you can do.  There's no such thing as a perfect animal --
not even ferrets.

Joe (anon) writes:
>I might be moving to California in a couple of months, and was just
>wondering a couple of things about fuzzies...

Joe, if you'd like the specifics on the CA situation you can email me or one
of the other CA subscribers.  There's no shortage of us, believe me.
Otherwise, you can find out about the general picture at the following
websites:

http://www.cdfa.com/
http://www.ccnet.com/~beisners/gsfs/lobby.html
http://www.efn.org/~csmith/frames.html

CA border Qs are posted here frequently enough to be a bandwidth problem.
As I recall, our fearless moderator knows the issue #s that cover the
topic...?  Instructions for retrieving them are at the top of every issue.

swamp

"Who, me officer? What's a ferut? These guys?? No, they're Polish cats."

[Moderator's note: Issues 1254, 1277 and 1495 have info about the borders,
and that map mentioned one post above sounds pretty good!  BIG]