Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 1997 00:40:01 -0400
1.  The Rio Grande Domestic Ferret Club will have its monthly meeting on
Saturday, April 19, 2:00 pm, at Westside Christian Church, 416 Clayton Rd in
west El Paso TX.  Healthy ferrets welcome, with proof of current rabies/cdv
vaccinations.  One topic for discussion is whether to participate as a Club
in the next local HS "Walkathon" for pets in May.  I also want to discuss
plans for a portable display info center......

2.  Found ferret, El Paso county... I picked up the little critter Wed.
nite, from the nice folks whose backyard the ferret had been "camping out"
in.  (thanks, HS & AC for referring the calls to me!) I put an ad in the
paper, & will try to find the "lost owner." If this is your ferret, you can
reclaim it by providing a description of the fert (pics would help but are
not mandatory), and when and where lost.  (note - this ferret does have some
very distinctive markings.)  If I can't find the owner within 30 days, I'll
have the vaccinations updated & make this sweetheart available for adoption.

3.  Update on Tyler (spinal injury) - Well, Tyler seems to have hit a
plateau - he's progressed "so far" and hasn't gone any further in several
days - but since he's come such a long way so very quickly, Dr. Klein isn't
worried.  We just have to continue with the imposed confinement and gentle
care (incl. therapy) for a while.  Tyler is now able to use a low-sided
litterpan! - yes, he's regained sensation, and control of his bowels/bladder
again.... and he can use his back legs to walk, although they're not real
strong or completely coordinated yet.  Give this guy a couple more months, &
he should be OK.  In the meantime, you should see the size of his biceps!...
<VBG>

Carla S.
WhyNot? Ferrets
Rio Grande Domestic Ferret Club