From:
"Ferret Aid Society..." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Oct 1997 12:04:06 -0400
This is not completely formatted for ferrets, but I thought you'd get the
point anyway.

1. My life is likely to last 8-15 years. Any separation from you will be
   very painful.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.

3. Place your trust in me - it is crucial for my well-being.

4. Don't be angry with me for long, and don't lock me up as punishment.
   You have your work, your friends, your entertainment. I HAVE ONLY YOU!!

5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I understand your
   voice when it's speaking to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I'll NEVER forget it.

7. Before you hit me, remember that I have teeth that could easily crush
   the bones in your hand, but I choose not to.

8. Before you scold me for being lazy or unco-operative, ask yourself if
   something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food,
   I've been in the sun too long, or my heart may be getting old and weak.

9. Take care of me when I get old. You, too, will grow old.

10. Go with me on difficult journeys.  Never say, " I can't bear to watch
    it" or "let it happen in my absence." I am scared & everything is easier
    for ME if you are there.  Remember, I love you....

I think we can all learn from this.

Randy