Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 1997 18:56:23 -0500
I really don't know what else to come up or what tests to subject my fuzzy
to.  I recently posted about my fuzzy, Kookai, eating more than usual and
loosing weight.  At first I thought it was parasites and I guess that still
is not ruled out.  Let me start from the begining.  Kookai has always been
kind of layed back and sickly with no conclusive reason.  About 1.5 months
ago Kookai got out and was attacked by my 2 large dogs.  We took him to the
vet and besides a couple of bits here and there he was fine.  We gave him
some amoxi-drops and I forgot to give him yogurt and he developed slimy
green diarriah.  He was lethargic, vomiting and not eating.  I thought it
could be ECE.  I took him to the doctor and he said it was due to the
amoxi-drops and he couldn't see anything in his poopy.  About 3 weeks ago he
began to loose weight and muscle (not your typical summer weight loss).  He
was also eating a lot more than usual (instead of 3 times a day, about 7
times a day.), his stool was soft and smelly, but his activity level didn't
change.  My dog had parasites (whip and round worm) and I decided to treat
him and the other 3 ferrets for worms (they started to get soft smelly
stools too).  NOW, Kookai still has soft stools if not out right diarriah
sometimes and has not gained much weight.  I have been giving him nutrical
and baby chicken food along with his Iams.  The doctor checked for an
enlarged spleen and tumors by touching him and I ran a diabetis test with
some urine and a dip stick.  EVERYTHING IS NEGATIVE.  I am out of ideas!  He
is still not lethargic and his began to eat less (more normally) but is
still very very boney.

Could somebody give me a clue or where to start looking.  What could I
suggest to my vet?

Thank you all for your time and suggestions beforehand!!!!
Melissa Rivas