From:
pat martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 1997 07:41:25 -0500
Fmlers,

For the past month, I have intermittantly been writing about my ferrets who
demonstrated symptoms consistent with ECE.  They are all on their way to
recovery!  That is, their weight is up, they are eating and drinking
independently and their stools are fairly normal (85% of the time).  I just
wanted to thank everyone who took the time and effort to email information
regarding the nasty virus.  I really appreciate it (my vet does too!) and
the timely advice to begin with duck soup, pediatlyte, pepto bis,
subcutaneous injections and antibiotics literally saved their lives (I
believe one of my ferrets was 12-24 hours within death).

Thanks again,
Pat & Deb; Jezebel, Salome, Percephone and Gabara