From:
Dave Les <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 1997 05:19:58 -0400
I am very disappointed in the events surrounding Kodo.  In the courtroom,
there were NEVER more than 15 Kodo supporters (including the witnesses) at
any one time!  For the candlelight vigil, there were about 50 and for the
protest on Monday, there were about 50.  One couple drove from New Jersey to
be with us (God bless you!) but the GLFA has over 600 members.  The defense
rests!  If this matter is not over then we need a focused PARTICIPATION.
This is another wake-up call.  Before we start blaming judges, let's look
long and hard at ourselves.  How much pressure do think Judge Caprathe felt
with those 30 (count 'em -30 - 1 on each side of 15 heads) ferret-loving
eyes staring at him for three days?  How serious is Lansing going to take us
with 50 sign carriers begging for justice?  Let's not rest on any laurels
yet!  This is only the start of what COULD become a movement.  One of the
problems that I perceive is that there are almost as many leaders as there
are participants and each of them has a different strategy.

I believe what Bob had in mind was to organize the resources and focus them.
Personally, I'd rather see the energy spent on debating another national
group turned into letters to the MDCH or Dateline, or 20/20 or Primetime
or...

As for a boycott of Michigan products:
Deb had gone through the trouble of making a very effective (Stop Michigan
Murders) display for the sale of Kodo t-shirts to be used at Pet Supplies
Plus (and other pet stors, clinics, etc).  She also had hand-outs, etc.  She
is going back there (Lake Orion, MI - Lapeer Rd.) today to return the $35 of
merchandise that she purchased because her display was nowhere to be seen.
When she inquired about it, she was rudely directed to the back room where
she found the shirt and mannequin but no trace of the sign, handouts, etc.
Our phone number was very visible so they easily could have notified us if
they wanted us to remove the items.  The money spent for all of the signs
and brochures that they discarded was of no concern to them.  So there's
something that we can boycott.

For all of the thousands of letters, emails, support dollars, and support
hours - THANK YOU from all of us in Michigan.

For those of you that could have done a little more... DO MORE!

For those of you living in Michigan - WHERE ARE YOU?????

Disappointed,
Dave Les