From:
Cynthia Maltby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 1997 07:45:30 EST
Yesterday I went to a local pet store to purchase ferret food for my babies.
This pet store had one baby ferret for sale.  Two weeks ago they had 5
babies.  They know me at this pet store and said feel free to take the baby
out and pet her.  Baby ferrets are so neat!  This one was jumping and diving
out of the cage at me and I caught him in mid air.  This little girl was so
happy to play - so while I was playing with her these 2 little boys about 10
years old came up wishing they could have a ferret and were watching me play
with the little one.  Then one of the little boys (almost in tears) looked
up at me with sad eys and said did you know Kudo?

Wow, blew me away.  I asked him how he knew about Kudo and he said from the
news.  With that the other little boy said what are you talking about.  He
replied its the ferret that they chopped his head off for doing nothing
wrong.  Well, these kids were hurt and confused why authorities would do
such a thing.  Can you imagine what all the little kids around the world are
thinking.  I tried to explain it but was having a hard time keeping back the
tears.  I definitely didn't want them to see me get teary eyed.  I also
asked if they had internet access and they do so I told them about Kudo's
webb page so they could read about Kudo.  Good thing they had to leave for
dinner cause I was having a hard time holding the tears back.

Pet stores need to be sensitive to little kids looking at their ferrets in
case they know and are confused about the Kudo tradegy.  Hit me by surprise.

(I think baby ferrets look like baby teddy bears, don't you?)
  ------
Cindy, and the two fuzzies Pete, and Kebbles