From:
Kymberlie Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jun 1997 23:43:08 -0400
Hello all:

First of all, for any of you that were following my "Tale of the Big Move"
story (if anyone <grin>), I'm afraid it will be a while 'till I get back to
it.  I posted yesterday that I was volunteering to do a State By State Web
Site that would document *all* relevant information concerning the legality,
requirements, and rabies information for all states, including any current
efforts being made to change these laws.  Due to overwhelming positive
feedback, I now announce the I will definitely do the Site.  However I am
also finding out that every day I have about 85 pieces of mail in my e-mail
inbox, it leaves little time for anything else.

From now on until I come up with a better name, anyone referring to the Site
that I am creating, refer to it as the State By State page, and please,
please, if you are e-mailing something to me that concerns this site, make
the subject header "State By State" so I can read it first before wading
through all messages.

Also, I am getting my mail every day, but I am unable to personally respond
to everyone's thoughts and suggestions for the next week, although *all* are
being read and taken under consideration, so keep on sending them!!!!  See,
the thing is I am currently on vacation in Virginia Beach.  When I arrived
here and my family saw me pull my computer out of the car, they all had a
cow.  So I am on time restrictions <GRIN> that all I am allowed to do is
download my e-mail (so I won't get bumped off of the lists or lose messages)
and no matter what they say I'm reading each and every message!  Anything
urgent, however, I will absolutely answer.  I'm just trying to keep peace
with my family (going on 30 and they still can make me feel like I'm 5).
Point here is, if you all notice that I'm not responding to your questions,
it's not because I'm ignoring you.  I'm under "get OUT of the house arrest!"
Sun, sand, fun?  Naaahhh... I'd rather be on my computer!  (Oh how sad...)

One more thing, folks... if you haven't volunteered to gather information
about your state, please consider it now!  I'm keeping a list of everyone
that volunteers for each state, and when I'm back in Pennsylvania I will be
contacting everyone that offered to help and we'll go from there.  But
please, start making calls now!  Find out the policies regarding ferrets in
your state, and find out if local municipalities/counties can or do have
varying policies from the state's position.  DON'T FORGET TO GET WRITTEN
CONFIRMATION OF WHATEVER SOMEONE TELLS YOU, and get the name and title and
department of the person with whom you speak.  Without a paper trail, in the
event of another Kodo case our findings will mean squat.

My family is glaring at me <grin> so I gotta sign off here.  Anything
pertinent that I find, I'll keep everyone up to date.

(*sniff* I miss my ferrets, they aren't at the beach with me! :-(  )

Kymberlie Becker
Director, Pennsylvania Ferret Rescue Association
"Forget Puppy Love...There's nothing Greater than Ferret Love!" TM
http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/ferretlady